“Seeking the Mind of Christ” – Phillippians 2:5
The mission of Montebello Christian School is to direct students in an understanding of a God-created world view. Using a biblically integrated curriculum, students will develop spiritually, intellectually, physically and socially. This will equip them to discern truth, leading toward a lifetime commitment of doing God’s will.
“And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.” Luke 2:52
Montebello Christian School will prepare its students to:
- Study the Bible as God’s inspired Word, developing
attitudes of love and respect for it.
- Follow Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord.
- Desire to know God’s will as revealed in the Scripture, carrying out God’s will daily and in the future.
- Apply moral values as related to spiritual truth, developing the mind of Christ.
- Develop self-discipline and responsibility based on respect and submission to God and all other authority.
- Grow in Christian leadership.
- Seek spiritual counsel at times of need.
- Are actively involved in a local church.
- Understand the need to develop and maintain physically fit bodies, avoiding detrimental habits because the body is the temple of the Holy Spirit.
- Have developed motor skills and athletic skills according to their individual readiness.
- Are informed and practice concepts of health, physical fitness, personal hygiene, human development, and sexual purity.
- Understand that maintaining a healthy body maximizes the total effectiveness of a person committed to serving God and mankind.
- Endeavor to develop their full academic potential according to their God-created individual ability.
- Understand that all subjects are related to the world God created.
- Practice good study habits.
- Are capable in communicating through listening, speaking, reading, writing and the arts.
- Think critically which includes discernment of biblical truth.
- Are competent in calculation and logical thinking.
- Are committed to a life long habit of learning.
- Are prepared academically with current, relevant curriculum and technology to live a God-centered life in the environment of today’s world.
- Develop their individual personalities to their full potential, realizing that they are, each one, created in the image of God, and thus, are encouraged to experience joy in being themselves.
- Love others as creations of God, appreciating differences in ethnicity and culture.
- Demonstrate positive, productive Christian citizenship through understanding dependence on others, and responsibility toward others, in the peer group, community, nation and world.
- Apply problem-solving strategies to real life scenarios.
- Seek God’s direction for their future.
- Understand God’s plan for the Christian home, and are equipped with Christian attitudes and goals toward their own future establishment of lifestyle for single life and/or marriage and family life.
- Are aware that God has provided material for our use, but the use of these possessions must be kept in perspective, and used to His glory.